Saturday, March 12, 2011

Kabaya Juicy Grape カバヤ ジュー C グレープ


I was wandering around Nippon Food Supplies and wondering what to get as a small snack that would satisfy when I came up on this pack of Juicy by Kabaya. I love anything grape flavour and it was only 80 cents, so that pretty much sealed the deal for me.

When you open the pack it is basically filled with little round discs, similar in texture to a hard sherbert (like the ramune candy) and it has a very light lilac colour with a K imprinted on to one side and a random cute picture imprinted on the other. I'm guessing the K is for Kabaya. The smell is strong and smells just like grape candy that we all know and love from childhood.

I didn't count at the time but I estimate there to be about 20 tablets in one pack. The candy tablet has a strong taste of grape from the moment I put it into my mouth and it dissolves in the same way as the ramune candy, and it also has a tartness to it like sherbert, which I love.


They dissolve rather quickly, and can also be chewed even quicker. I'm sure kids could chew through a pack of these in ten minutes or less. However, I have to watch how much I consume so I still have about 5 tablets left. The outside is pretty cute too which I'm sure appeals to Kawaii lovers of all generations.

I'm pretty happy with these candies, I love the flavour and the texture and would definitely buy some again.



Brand: Kabaya
Calories per box: 94
Website: http://www.kabaya.co.jp/

3 comments:

Desley said...

Hi Kelly, I love these lollies, strawberry the best, though hard to find...

Tasty Japan said...

Yeah! I recently saw some "gold" flavour, but they're more expensive than the others.. I've got a blue soda version to review soon though. :)

http://bit.ly/rilakkumastrawberry said...

I like this web site so much, bookmarked. I certainly love reading all that is written on your website. I like the way you express your idea and the topic you choose. Keep on your sharing! I appreciate it. ". I bought some of these at PIJ! So cute! I’m going to buy more. I think there is still other merchandise. I have a great product here.
Can wait to have this!! http://bit.ly/rilakkumastrawberry

Post a Comment