Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Maccha Tiramisu Kit Kat



The much talked about Maccha Tiramisu Kit Kat. Well, it had some high expectations to meet.

It consists of a single finger wrapped and sold individually, and I bought mine from eBay for $2 each (rip off!), I later saw them being sold at J-list for $0.75 each. Oh well.

The stick smells largely of sweet white chocolate. It's a light green colour, but mostly all you can smell is the white chocolate.

The outer chocolate tastes of maccha, and while I expected there to be some coffee flavour inside the wafers there was none. I'm not sure what's going on here. I was of the view Tiramisu was coffee flavoured? So why is this Kit Kat Maccha Tiramisu? It should be named Maccha.

I tried eating all the outside chocolate off first, and then eating the wafers. The problem is that the colour of the cream inside the wafers is green too, and nary a taste of coffee.

How disappointing! False advertising Nestle. This is NOT Tiramisu.

A nice Maccha flavour Kit Kat but sadly, that's all it is.

2 comments:

ebidebby said...

I was confused, too! But can you imagine matcha and coffee together? It sounds pretty gross. With the help of a Flickr contact, we came to the conclusion that it's supposed to be creamier than a normal matcha KitKat, and made as if the ladyfingers were soaked in matcha tea instead of coffee. Still, I agree, you can't call this Tiramisu.

Kelly said...

Yes, tea and coffee together is a very weird thought anyway, I never thought of it like that. I was thinking that the maccha part would be the top part, but I was wrong. haha :)

Post a Comment